Wednesday, April 23, 2008

ok so i have said for a long time now that i want to travel around on the back roads of the south and take pictures of old barns. i love old barns i think they are so simple and rusticly pretty and they make me think of a simpler time when families just worked together to survive. nobody builds real wooden barns anymore they are always the cheap meatal buildings.
anyway...i was driving home the other day and i passed a field that i seriously have passed thousands of times before and back behind the fence i saw a beautiful old barn. i decided that i should start taking pictures of the barns right next door to me. all of these different barns are within a 5 minute walk from my house! i just have never taken the time to really notice them. my favorite one is the red barn in the big green field. i went out on wednesday evening b/c there was a big storm brewing and i knew the lighting would be great. hadley waited in the car while i took the pictures with lightening all around me. i kept thinking that it probably wasn't the smartest thing to walk around with a metal tri-pod with lightening striking all around. oh-well. i had a lot of fun doing it.






4 comments:

Kathryn said...

Heather, I love your pictures and I agree, I love barns too. I've told Boyd that a lot. That Red one is the barn right across the street from that White Oak Station on Joyce street right? I've always liked that one. When I saw your pictures I thought to myself, I want to hang a picture of a barn in my house someday and then I thought of the one that you have that you got from mom. Maybe we like barns so much because mom always had that painting in the main room in our house. I miss you and seeing those pictures makes me miss Arkansas. I love you

stephy said...

I love these, they make me feel like I'm there, I feel all calm and centered looking at them! I should make them my desktop wallpaper. :)

Jenalyn said...

Dido Kathryn I've always liked that red barn too. It reminds me of driving to church. It reminds me of the way things used to be. There's something about barns that make you want to slow down and reflect, take a walk, work out side and get your hands dirty. I don't know.... I like your pictures.

Becca said...

Oh Boogs, check out the gnarly pix from the 80s bash on my blog.