Tuesday, April 8, 2008

I love Spring in Arkansas

High Bank Twins Falls- March 29, 2008
We had so much fun on Saturday on our hike up to high Bank Twin Falls. We have had a bunch of rain this spring so much that there has been some flooding around us. The good thing about all of the rain is that it eans good waterfalls. Our family along with Allen & Becca's family ad the Harvey kids drove out a ways on the Pig Trail (yes that is the real nae of the road) to a place in the Ozark Nationa Forest. Driving on the Pig Trail is one of my favorite drives (it used to make me super sick as a kid with all of the hair pin turns) it is especially pretty this time of year with all of the beautiful dogwood trees in bloom.
This is a perfect waterfall to go to with kids because it is only.5 miles round trip. We barely started hiking before we reached the waterfall. The best part about seeing a waterfall is the pool of water below the waterfall perfect for throwing rocks into. In Arkansas there are always plenty of rocks. So we stayed for a good amount of time so the kids could throw rocks and climb around on the boulders.



















3 comments:

Adriane said...

heather!

I love all the stuff that you added. You win with your amazing scrapbook stuff. I'm calling you the blog winner for the day. You earn 10 points. Oh, and I love the "hump it up" title. That will go down in history as one of the funniest things!

Kathryn said...

I agree with Adriane. You do win the "blogger of the day" award. Mine still looks... well... just not so good. I'm about to go download a cool background and I'm excited to get in to computer scrapbooking. I'm excited when Boyd starts working for Boeing becuase they will give him his own laptop so I get to have the Ibook at home and scrapbook and do movies with our pictures. Anyways I just wanted to say that I love the springs in Arkansas too and I miss the waterfalls there. Next time ya'll get out you can think of me. Love ya

Becca said...

You copy me.

Consider that comment an e-poke. Oh, the joys of the world wide web.

Also, I love that picture of Mark and Hadley.