Sunday, November 15, 2009

Shocker--New Post!

Well... I guess you could say that it has been awhile since I have posted anything on the blog. That is if you think 9 months is awhile to not post anything. The kids keep asking if I have posted anything since the ice storm and the answer is always the same. Nope. I have been looking for a way to keep up with my journal writing a little better and I think this is the way I'm going to do that. Plus when I found out that it really is true that you can "slurp" or print out your blog it made it seem like a no brainer because getting a cute little blurb book is one of my favorite things. I just need to commit to writing at least once a week instead of once a year. Maybe I will back track a little and put in the highlights from the past 9 months so I will have a more complete journal when I go to print it out. I am going to make this more of a journal with a few pictures and continue to do my yearly family scrapbook. So there will be more writing than pictures. I think.

October-
October has come and gone and let me just say that it was a crazy busy month with Austin and Braden's birthday, Mark's parents coming to visit, soccer, football, guitar, more soccer & football and Halloween parties. In between all of that I have been heavily involved with PTA stuff and trying to complete my 2 page "List of things to do before Feb. 15, 2010". Even though it was busy it has been a great month!


Braden did great on his singing part in the 4th Grade Musical, "Down Home in the Arkansas."

Hadley & Julia in their matching Halloween outfits that Nana made for them.


While Mark's parents were here we went on one of our favorite hikes to Lost Valley. The kids all had a great time hiking, throwing rocks in the river and climbing back into the caves. It was especially nice to have Grandma and Grandpa there with us!

Braden had one of the best Birthday Parties ever! It was a Mad Scientist party. The boys all got to blow some things up and then we had a special Mad Scientist come and set off rockets and cannons with them. It was a ton of fun! Is it just me or do Braden and Grandad look a lot alike in this picture?

Unicycle!!!!

Austin has really been enjoying learning how to play the guitar over the last year. He had out grown the guitar we had borrowed from Uncle Kevin so, for his birthday he got a new guitar!

Austin turned 12 and recieved the Priesthood. It seems really weird to me that I have a kid old enough to pass the sacrament. It doesn't seem that long ago that I was 12.

Yep- that is Mark with Mullet. We went to a costume party at some friends house and so we went as some Bikes Blues and BBQ Bikers.


At the annual Neighborhood Halloween party Kristen & I won first place for our Hog pumpkin!


"I'm a Pink Minnie Mouse!"


Skeleton, Mad Scientist, and Pink Minnie didn't miss a single house in the whole neighborhood. They all had a great time. Hadley seemed scared to say Trick or Treat but loved to yell 'Thank you!" after receiving the candy. She kept saying to me, "This is so much fun!!!"
(Austin is not pictured because he was with Mark on his first Youth Temple trip.)

Austin & Mark had a great experience on Austin's first Temple Trip.






































1 comment:

Becca said...

It's about time, boogs. My favorite pictures are of the unicycle present and you and Mark in your Halloween costumes.

The temple picture is very sweet.

Now let's see a picture of Braden ON the unicycle!