Tuesday, November 24, 2009

My Hadley

I love every minute I get to spend with Hadley -well almost every minute. There are a few minutes where it would be more enjoyable if she were napped but 99% of the time it is a lot of fun. She has become so animated and playful. Lately she likes to pretend that I am Hadley and that she is the mommy. She is so excited to have a baby sister and likes to talk about that all of the time.
One of my favorite times of the day is when I get to tuck her into bed. She has recently moved into her "Pink Room" and no longer has a bottle. So there is a big long ritual that we go through every night. It starts with her asking, "Mommy, tell me all da people dat love me." So I start with myself and say, "I love you, and daddy loves you...." and so on and so on. We name all the people in our family and extended family, neighbors and friends. She loves it. Lately we get through just our family and then I say and your baby sister loves you and Hadley gets so tickeled. She will squeal and then she has to hug me. She is so excited! Then she says, "What are we going to name her?" So then we will go back and forth between me and her saying names that don't really make sense like braden, or Chad. When it is her turn she will put her finger to her lips and think and then say, "I know! Let's name her......Heather!" Then she will laugh and laugh.
Then after we play the "name game" she will say, "What are we going to do with her?" This will go on for a bit all the while getting so excited at the thought of doing things with her baby sister. Then she wants me to tell her stories about her and her baby sister. This all takes quite a bit of time and we still have to sing songs but it is worth it. I can't stand how cute she is when she gets so excited at the thought of her baby sister.
I feel that she is growing up all too fast. I was looking at pictures of her today that were taken back in august and she looks so young! Crazy.

This is a picture of her this morning. The boys were all gone and we went out to breakfast together. Donuts. Yum. Our favorite donut store just opened back up!

Making play-do cupcakes at Nana's house.
Hadley Loves Minnie. This was done on an iphone app.

Tea party at nana's house. Mom and I were playing with her. She was the mom of course and we were having fun giving her a hard time. We were acting like impatient little kids and she tried real hard to be a patient mom. Funny.
Trampoline time at Colten's house

4 comments:

McCain Family said...

Aren't girls so much fun!!

Stacey said...

you are having a baby!!! Oh my word! congrats! call me

Kay said...

She's such a cute girl, and I love watching her in church lol
Oh, and congrats on going to have another girl!

wendy holt said...

She is so cute Heather!! Congrats on another baby girl! When are you due?