Sunday, February 28, 2010

"Mom! What are you doing?"


So…..a few days after being home from the hospital I was sitting on the couch nursing Harper.
Chad came up and started to ask me something. He said, “Hey mom, can I go to---(he stopped) Mom! What are YOU doing??”
Me- “Uhhh, I’m nursing or feeding Harper.” I thought he had seen me do this before when I had Hadley. Guess he doesn’t remember.
Chad- “That is weird…..What are you feeding her?”
Me- “Um, milk.”
Chad- “That. Is. Weird….And she just eats it like that?”
Me- “Yep.”
Chad- As he walks away “That is weird.”
Then Chad walks back around to me and says… “Mom, YOU are like a cow!”

9 comments:

McCain Family said...

Don't call me Mom, call me Bessie! I love it. When Jacob was a baby, Mark told us, "Just wait until he can talk, he will make you laugh!" Mark was sooooo right. Kids are hilarious.

Liz Reber said...

This made me laugh so hard! Chad is so adorable. I remember thinking it was weird when my mom nursed my little brother and my sister and I would always say "moo!!" when she walked by. I miss you guys and Harper is just gorgeous!

Liz Reber

Bugs Mama said...

ha ha ha ha! Austin & I both had a good chuckle at that.

Stacey said...

I love it!

The Lady of the House said...

Heather that is such an awesome story! I laughed outloud and then read it again to my husband.

Congrats on the beautiful baby girl!

Bon said...

Oh my heck kids are so funny. I love that you wrote this down. You can look back time and time again and laugh about this!

Clark Family said...

Thanks for the laugh..Brian and I thought this was way cute.

fourballerinas said...

That is hilarious!! You'd think that by the 5th one- they'd get that Mom is also the Cow!! Super cute!
Audrey

deargoodness said...

hey! This made me laugh so hard, I love it. so so funny
Harper is so adorable! So little and cute--congratulations!