Friday, February 19, 2010

I'm So In Love!!!!

Harper June Wagstaff
born February 6, 2010

11:17 am

7lb.

20 3/4 inches

Can you even imagine my complete joy that this precious little girl is mine? That she arrived safely, and is healthy. And of course the cutest little girl on earth. smile. I forgot how intense the feelings of love are for a new baby. They are such a miracle! It is absolutely impossible to doubt there is a God and a plan in all this when you hold a new baby in your arms. The spirit they bring to this earth is so strong and pure.
So let's get down to details....We went to the hospital on Friday morning only to be sent home. The kids all spent the night at Nana's house so I figured that guaranteed that I for sure wouldn't go into labor. To be honest I was fine to hold out until my due date because I knew it was the last chance to get things done.

Mark left to go running at 5am on Saturday morning. He was going to do a long 18 miles so he told me he would have his phone incase I needed him. I assuured him that nothing was going to happen so no worries. Well...at 6:00 I got out of bed and to my suprise my water broke. I kind of didn't believe it at first so I waited a little to call Mark. It was about 7:am when he got home and I still was doubting if my water broke until I stood up and it was like a scene from the movies. Well, that confirmed it my water had indeed broke. The weird thing was, I wasn't having any contractions.

We got to the hospital and they checked us in and pretty soon we were up in our room. That was about 9am. I continued to say that I for sure wanted the eppidural so let the "eppidrual man" know. At 10:50 my nurse came into the room and said she had some bad news. The "eppidrual Man" wanted to take a shower at home and get ready before he came into the hospital. He wouldn't be there for another hour. By this point I was beginning to feel a little uncomfortable so I was a little annoyed that I was going to have to wait. At 11:00 the nurse came in because she wanted to give me a little pain medicine. I was worried that it was going to make me feel drowsy but I was in enough pain I was happy to have it. She checked me while she was in there and I was at a 6. She left and then I really started to feel the contractions. It was like before a contraction would stop another one would start. I told Mark that I was starting to feel sick. He was trying to find me a bowl or something and then the nurse came back in. At this point I started to feel like pushing. I remember her getting in my face and telling me not to push. I was like- whatever. She checked me again and then immediately called in all the nurses and the doctor. The doctor (I had never seen this guy before in my life) he walked in then said, "Ok you can push now." So I did. I pushed one good time and then at 11:17 am our newest little baby was here! I had my eyes closed and I remember when she was out I opened my eyes to see if she indeed was a girl (I would have been fine to have a boy but it was Hadley I was worried about).

I got to hold her right away and all I could keep thinking was, "I can't believe she is here!" And I couldn't get over how tiny she was! She just seemed so small and petite. She had the longest little fingers and the smallest cute little head (so grateful for that).




I love this picture of Hadley as she intently looks at her new baby sister for the first time!




Mom and Dad brought all of the kids around 2:00 that afternoon. They were all so excited to see thier new sister. The only problem was deciding who got to hold her first.


12 comments:

Becca said...

Heather--she is so sweet. That picture of Hadley holding her and looking at her is completely precious. I'm so glad you wrote everything down! Hope you are getting plenty of rest!

GeorgiaBecksteads said...

Beautiful! Babies are a miracle and an obvious gift from God. Congratulations!

The Coonsters said...

Wow, what a cute baby...you can sure tell she is yours. (But I think Mollie looks like your children also.) Congratulations Mark& Heather she is beautiful!

Melissa said...

How come you look so beautiful after just having a baby? You are amazing Heather and Harper is absolutely gorgeous :)

Bon said...

ummm....I shouldn't be getting baby hungry already! Especially cause my babe isn't even one year old! But I guess this means I am having more when I feel this way! I love reading birth stories. What a special time for you and your family! And what a beautiful baby girl!

McCain Family said...

I got all emotional reading this. I love the pictures of your happy family welcoming a new member! So sweet! Fast labor and delivery is always such a shock.

Bugs Mama said...

she is absolutely beautiful! So sweet, pink, and cuddly. Just want to scoop her up. Thank you for posting your birth story!!

wendy holt said...

Congrats!! You can tell there was not a mix up at the hospital! All you kids are so cute!!

Little Wonders said...

Heather, I am so glad I got to meet Harper. I hope to see her again soon. Congratulations on another beautiful baby!

Clark Family said...

Heather I am so glad that you posted your little miracle. We never know what happens with anyone and I would have hated missing out on the opportunity to send you our love and congrats!!! We hope all is well and tell your Mom congrats too. She is beautiful!

Stacey said...

She is so beautiful! congrats! Doone and I were just talking about you this weekend, wondering if she had arrived. She looks just like Austin did so many years ago.

fourballerinas said...

She is so precious. I'm so glad that it all went well and so quickly for you. Glad you are doing well. You look great, then and now. It was great to see you. Let me know if I can do anything for you.
Audrey