Thursday, December 24, 2009

Year of the Guns

The boys were in heaven when they opened up their gifts from grandad! They each got their own BB gun specially sized for each one. They spent the next 4 hours shooting outside even though it was dark and freezing outside. They stood in the garage and shot stuff out in the driveway. I finally made them stop at about 11 pm so we could go home. The guns are to stay there at Granddad's house and be used there. That is good. I remember when I was a kid we would shoot guns with my grandad and go burn the trash. Hadley got princess dress up clothes. She loved them! And mom....well she also got a gun too. I'm not sure how excited she is about that. Dad wants her to take classes etc...we'll see how that goes.

I love this picture of Hadley and my sweet sweet Grandmother. My Grandmother has got to be the sweetest and nicest person ever. She never complains or is negative about anything. I love her so much and am glad that my kids have gotten to know her and will remember her.




3 comments:

wendy holt said...

I love a proud Arkansan and the 2nd ammendment. I wish you would talk more about burning trash. That intruiged me. :)

McCain Family said...

I loved shooting the cans and driving the lawn mower with Grandaddy! It looks like y'all had a great Christmas.

Kathryn said...

Wow! You really are blogging now! nice work Heather. I agree that Grandmother is the nicest sweetest person and all growing up she was always doing everything for us. She really is an example to me and I love her. And yeah... shooting guns and burning trash... good times.