Thursday, May 1, 2008

Lessons Learned


so....i woke up sunday morning all excited about making a poundcake for my sunday school class. i had already started making it when i heard mark say, "don't forget it's fast sunday!" I was like- (in my head) "what!?!! but i'm making poundcake....maybe i should stop since it is fast sunday?? no, i'll keep going, i'll just cut them (the class) a big slice and put it in a ziplock with a note that says, "don't eat until after church". The thought kept coming back that i shouldn't make the poundcake for them. I could stop and just throw away the cream cheese and only be out like $2. but i kept going despite my thoughts to quit. i even had thoughts go through my head wondering if the Lord could mess up the pound cake if He really didn't want me to make the pound cake. no i thought to myself, that couldn't happen, i am going to follow the recipie exactly, plus i have made this 100 times. anyway....i put the perfectly made pound cake in the oven at the right temp. and for less time than the recipie calls for. about 30 minutes later i started smelling a funny smell. i go to the oven double check the temp. and time everything was right and then i opened up the oven to a puff of black smoke and a blackened pound cake. my jaw dropped open as i realized that the Lord was telling me that i should always follow the spirit. the blackend poundcake did make a great object lesson for class. unfortunately...this lesson cost us $152.98 to get the oven fixed on monday.

3 comments:

Becca said...

I love the receipt from the appliance repair company . . . it's definitely the finishing touch.

Kathryn said...

That is so funny Heather. What a lesson well learned. I'm sorry about your oven breaking though. What happened to the oven? It is crazy when things like that happen. God really is watching the little details in our life.

Adriane said...

Heather,

I love the picture display of this. What a great memory!